How Entatio.com and the Entatio for Veeva application are being used to support data driven, compliant, HCP & Patient Education Programs:
Part 1: Why Commercial, Medical and Traditional Learning Technology Fails at Supporting Educational Engagements with Health Care Providers
It’s no secret that the dominant technology across the Life Sciences for Health Care Provider engagement is Veeva Systems. With regards to HCP engagement, the suite is comprised of Veeva CRM, a Salesforce.com based customer relationship platform, Veeva Vault for regulated content management, Veeva CLM to support interactive visual aids (iVAs / MVAs) and presentation delivery and the mobile applications Veeva Sunrise (iRep) and Medical CRM. Additional tools include Approved Email for regulated email delivery, CoBrowse for virtual conferencing and Engage to embed regulated content from Veeva CLM into web assets.
There are other solutions, such as IQVIA’s OCE and Kaizen for mobile presentation delivery, but overall the Veeva suite is the standard for delivering regulated content to Health Care Providers. This works for direct engagement, but it isn’t designed for the type of learning that Medical Scientists, Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) and third party vendors are delivering. There are a few reasons for this:
- Sales Calls versus Learning Engagement: Learning programs can be divided into two stages: the initial engagement where information is introduced and the conversation that builds around this. In order for you to have a true educational program, there needs to be the introductory information and the ability for your community to return to it. The current technology is derived from a direct sales presentation approach. It supports the delivery and tracking of materials that are presented or emailed, but there is no support for the ongoing engagement that learning activities require.
- Virtual Learning: An increasing number of Life Sciences organizations are building HCP and Patient engagement centers to launch on-demand virtual conferences. Current technology isn’t designed for this kind of engagement either in terms of functionality or cost structure. The efforts required to launch a project that builds out the CRM platform to support these types of engagements, to make design and configuration changes, along with the added licensing costs for centers that may staff hundreds of professionals, doesn’t make fiscal sense when all that is needed is the ability to deliver learning based presentations and track engagement.
- Supporting Medical Affairs Case for Value to the Organization: The final reason I’ll list here is the difference between Commercial Operations and Medical Affairs and the way that technology has failed to support the latter with regards to showing value to the organization. It doesn’t take much to see that current solutions updated the terms used in the commercial platform to suit Medical Affairs (Account became Stakeholder), while adding some additional data points. Without considering the metrics through which a Medical Affairs organization shows value to its own organization, the technology isn’t able to support their overall endeavors. Furthermore, without the ability to gather education oriented data, the platform cannot support goal setting that leads to operational improvements.
Part 2: How Entatio.com & the integrated Salesforce.com / Veeva application are being used for HCP & Patient Education
- Sales Calls versus Learning Engagement: Entatio.com and the Entatio for Salesforce / Veeva application are designed to deliver approved content collections across a secure environment that gives users the ability to easily grant and remove access using a variety of tools. This supports both stages of a learning engagement, providing HCPs with the ability to return to content. All interactions with content are tracked by the user and content back to Salesforce / Veeva in real time and through the integration toe Veeva Vault it is possible to guarantee that only approved content is viewed.
- Virtual Learning: Entatio.com and the Entatio.com for Salesforce app are already in use for by TrialCard and other organizations to deliver virtual presentations and learning engagements for brands because the platform is able to deliver the exact same interactive files as Veeva and Medical CRM with no changes necessary while sending engagement data back to the platform. This makes it possible for third party vendors to support learning engagements without having to adopt the comprehensive platform.
- Supporting Medical Affairs Case for Value to the Organization: One of Entatio.com’s most powerful capability is the ability for Entatio to show knowledge in terms of reach & frequency, clearly demonstrating how MSL activities help information to move across a community. Through the Entatio for Salesforce application, this same engagement data is automatically sent to the platform where all of the organization’s customer relationship management information is held. This provides Medical Affairs with the necessary data for analytics to show value and develop metrics that drive constant improvement towards operational goals. It also serves as a sort of learning management system that can show exactly which segments of your community still need to get the message.
For questions or to request a free Entatio portal, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create a free Entatio portal at: https://register.entatio.com/register
For the free Entatio for Salesforce.com app: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000DqCotUAF